There is so much information on the internet about B2C selling. That is, Business to Consumer.
But what about Business to Business or B2B selling? B2B organizations are those that sell directly to another business.
The paper supplier for the big box store is one example.
A medical equipment company that focuses on hospitals is another.
Lead generation has long been touted as one of the largest challenges facing B2B marketers like you. And while some B2C tactics for finding business sales leads can be applied to B2B sales, there are very few articles focusing purely on generating quality B2B leads for your business.
So, today we’re going to talk about 9 strategies you can use to find quality business to business sales leads for your company.
1. Cold Email
According to Smart Insights, 38% of B2B companies cite email marketing as their top lead generator.
When it comes to B2B sales, email is a powerful tool for increasing leads. By using targeted email campaigns and taking advantage of list segmentation, you can create highly personalized messages that will resonate with your audience.
It’s important to remember that email is just one part of the larger puzzle when it comes to finding business to business sales leads. In order to be successful with email, you need a comprehensive marketing strategy that takes into account all of the different touchpoints that prospects use when making a purchasing decision. But by integrating email into your overall marketing or sales strategy, you can maximize its effectiveness and increase your chances of making that B2B sale.
2. Utilize social media groups
As the world of business becomes increasingly digital, so too does the process of finding quality B2B sales leads.
In the past, businesses would rely on cold-calling, print advertisements, and word-of-mouth to generate leads. While these methods can still be effective, social media has also emerged as a powerful tool for generating business to business sales leads.
According to WebFX, 86% of people use social media at least once a day. By creating a strong social media presence and actively engaging with potential customers, businesses can reach a wider B2B audience and cultivate relationships that lead to sales.
3. List your business in online directories
Adding yourself to online directories is a great way to increase your B2B sales leads. There are a number of online directories that cater specifically to businesses, and adding your information to these directories can help you reach a wider audience of potential customers.
In addition to increased visibility, adding your business to an online directory can help you build credibility and trust with potential leads. When potential B2B customers see that you’re listed in a reputable directory, they’re more likely to do business with you.
Be sure to add your contact information to your listings. Potential leads may want to get in touch through your website, email address, or phone number.
4. Increase your reviews
One of the easiest ways to get more B2B sales leads is by ensuring that your current customers are happy with your products and services—and leave reviews that say so!
Through positive reviews, potential new customers will see that your business is trustworthy and reliable.
Some ways you might encourage satisfied customers to leave reviews:
- Send follow-up emails after a purchase or service has been completed, asking the customer to leave a review on your website or social media page.
- Include a link to your review page in all of your marketing materials (e.g. email signatures, website banner, etc.)
- Offer incentives for customers who leave reviews, such as discounts on future purchases or entry into a contest.
5. Optimize your landing pages
Update your landing pages to include clear and concise messaging, a strong call-to-action, and relevant images and videos that customers and prospects alike will enjoy.
Landing pages are one of the most important elements of your website when it comes to generating leads, so making sure they are updated frequently is key to generating new business to business sales leads with them.
In addition to an optimized landing page, you can also generate more leads by using lead capture forms and providing helpful resources.
6. Create an eBook
If you’re looking for quality B2B sales leads, one great way to generate them is to create an eBook. This can be a helpful guide for your customers that outlines your product or service, and provides valuable information that they can use to make a purchasing decision.
To create an effective eBook, start by planning out the topics you want to cover. Include information that will help your readers understand what you offer, and why it’s beneficial for their business.
Once you have a solid outline, start writing and designing your eBook. Make sure it’s visually appealing and easy to read, so that your readers will actually want to engage with it.
When your eBook finished, promote it through your website and social media channels. You can also distribute it to relevant industry publications and bloggers, as well as through email marketing campaigns.
By getting your eBook in front of as many people as possible, you’ll increase the chances of generating quality B2B sales leads that are interested in your products or services.
7. Maintain activity in related forums
When it comes to generating quality business to business sales leads, there’s no substitute for good old-fashioned networking. And in today’s digital world, that means being active in online forums.
By participating in online discussions related to your industry, you can build relationships with potential customers and clients, while also establishing yourself as an expert in your field. Plus, if you’re providing helpful and relevant information, you’re more likely to be top of mind when those leads are ready to buy.
Here are a few tips for making the most of your forums:
- Be respectful and helpful: No one likes a know-it-all, so make sure you’re adding value to the conversation instead of just talking over others. If you can help solve someone’s problem or answer their question, they’ll be more likely to remember you when they’re ready to buy.
- Be relevant: Don’t just jump into any discussion—make sure it’s relevant to your business and target market. Otherwise, you’ll just be wasting your time (and theirs).
- Be knowledgeable: This ties in with being helpful. If you’re going to offer advice, make sure you know what you’re talking about. Nothing will damage your credibility more than giving inaccurate information.
8. Send a re-marketing campaign
Remarketing is a powerful tool that can help you increase your B2B sales leads. By targeting your ads to people who have already visited your website or interacted with your brand, you can remind them of your products or services and encourage them to take another step in the sales process.
There are a few ways to set up remarketing campaigns, but one of the most effective is through the use of Google AdWords because it allows you to create different campaigns for each stage of the sales process. This means you can target potential customers with ads that are relevant to where they are in the decision-making process.
Another way to use remarketing is to segment your audience based on their interactions with your brand. For example, you can create separate campaigns for people who have visited your website but haven’t filled out a form, people who have filled out a form but haven’t completed a purchase, and people who have completed a purchase. By targeting each group with ads that are relevant to their situation, you can increase the likelihood of converting them into a lead or customer.
9. Master the cold call
Many business-to-business salespeople rely on cold calling to generate new leads. Cold calling can be an effective way to reach new prospects, but it can also be a challenging and time-consuming task. To be successful at cold calling, you need to have a clear understanding of your target market and what you’re trying to achieve with each call.
Here are a few tips to help you get started with mastering the art of cold calling:
- Do your research. Before you start making calls, you need to do your homework. Research your target market and identify potential leads. You should also research each lead before you make the call. This will help you tailor your pitch and increase your chances of making a connection.
- Prepare your pitch. Once you’ve identified your leads, it’s time to prepare your pitch. Keep it short and sweet, and make sure you’re clear about what you’re offering. You should also be prepared to answer any questions the prospect may have.
- Overcome rejection. It’s part of the process, so don’t let it discourage you. If a prospect hangs up on you or says they’re not interested, remember—it’s just one more “no” on your path to “yes!”
At Data Axle™ Genie we specialize in helping you find new B2B leads. In fact, we dedicate significant resources to generating marketing solutions you can count on by making sure that every entry in their business directory contains detailed information to help with your B2B marketing efforts.
Any list purchased from us can contain a whole host of contact information that will allow you to quickly contact the key decision-makers within each company.