There are millions of moving companies in the United States. Which means that when individuals or businesses are switching out their space, leads for movers have a lot of choices.
How can you convince them to choose you?
First, it’s important to consider that while you do this every day, moving is one of the most stressful events a person or business can experience.
It’s not just about packing up all your possessions, but finding qualified movers who can do the job with care and efficiency.
By creating a clear message with this in mind, and by using the right strategies, moving companies like yours can reach more qualified prospects and increase conversions.
Types of Leads for Movers
Moving companies generally have access to three types of leads, also called prospects. A lead or a prospect is an individual or a business that could be interested in working with your moving company.
The three types of leads your moving company may connect with include:
Cold leads: This is the type of moving lead you work with when you purchase a mailing list for marketing purposes. They have likely never heard of you, nor did they request more information from you regarding your products and services.
Warm leads: When someone signs up to hear from you or gives you their contact information in exchange for a freebie (such as a new mover discount) that is a warm lead.
Hot leads: These moving prospects are qualified to hire you to help them move, have the resources to do so, and have demonstrated an interest in moving forward with the scheduling process.
In order to generate leads or get more leads for your moving business, you need to use a variety of sales and marketing tactics.
In doing so, you give yourself a greater chance of finding prospects who will be interested in what you offer.
Benefits of Generating Leads for Movers
Lead generation is vital for any business, but especially for businesses like movers that rely on a steady stream of new customers to keep them afloat.
There are a number of ways to generate leads for movers, and the most effective method will vary depending on the resources available and the target market.
Some important benefits to generating leads, including:
- More customers: The more leads you generate, the more potential customers you have. This means that you’re more likely to get new business and grow your company.
- Greater exposure: When you generate leads, you’re getting your company’s name and information out there. This can help you attract new customers and grow your brand.
- Improved sales: Leads can lead to improved sales numbers. The more quality leads you have, the better chance you have of making a sale and increasing revenue.
- Better customer relationships: By generating leads, you’re also building better relationships with potential customers. You’re able to develop a rapport and get to know them better, which can make it more likely that they’ll use your services when they need to move.
Lead Generating Strategies for Moving Companies
There are numerous lead generation strategies that your moving company can use to bring in new business. Some common methods include online advertising, direct mail campaigns, telemarketing lists, and word-of-mouth referrals.
1. Online advertising is a great way to reach a large number of potential customers with minimal effort. AdWords, Facebook ads, and other forms of online advertising can be targeted to people in your specific city or region who are searching for moving services.
2. Content marketing: This moving lead generation strategy is all about creating valuable, relevant, and engaging content that speaks to your target audience’s needs and interests. This could be anything from keyword-optimized blogs, to eBooks, infographics, whitepapers, videos, and case studies. The key is to create content that educates, entertains, and inspires your audience so they keep coming back for more.
3. Search Engine Optimization: SEO is all about optimizing your movers website and content for search engines with the goal of earning higher rankings. Use keywords and other SEO best practices to ensure that your content appears in search engine results pages when people are looking for someone to help them move.
4. Direct mail campaigns are an effective way to target moving leads when done correctly. Targeted lists of potential movers can be purchased from a company like Data Axle Salesgenie or generated through your own CRM. Mailers should be designed to grab attention and stand out from the rest of what gets added to someone’s mailbox.
5. Paid Ads: Use well-known platforms like Google AdWords or Facebook Ads to reach potential movers who are searching for your help.
6. Telemarketing or cold calling can be a great way to reach potential customers who may not be reached through other methods. Moving companies like yours can purchase Data Axle Salesgenie’s New Mover Leads lists to get started. These lists typically contain phone numbers and basic information about the lead, such as name and address.
7. Referrals remain a trusted form of lead generation. When existing customers refer new business to you, it’s a testimonial to your quality of service. Make it easy for customers to refer your moving services by providing them with referral cards or an online form they can fill out.
How to Follow Up with Generated Leads
Once you’ve generated leads for your moving company, it’s important to follow up with those leads in a timely and professional manner until they either become a customer or make it clear they will not need your moving services.
There are a few key things to keep in mind when following up with moving leads:
- Timing is everything: Follow up with your lead as soon as possible after they’ve been generated. If you wait too long, they may have already gone with another moving company.
- Be professional: When following up with a lead, be sure to sound professional and friendly. This will help build trust and increase the likelihood that they’ll use your moving services.
- Have a plan: Don’t just call or email your lead without a plan of what you want to say. Take the time to prepare what you’ll say beforehand so that the conversation goes smoothly.
- Ask questions: Asking questions shows that you’re interested in their needs and wants. This will help you better understand how you can help them and close the deal.
- Offer alternatives: If the lead isn’t ready to commit, offer alternatives such as discounts or special deals. This may incentivize them to use your moving services over others
Automating Your New Mover Lead Generation Strategies
When you automate your sales and marketing, it makes it easier than ever to find new mover leads on repeat. Save time and effort the next time you search for new mover leads with the following automation efforts:
- Use an email marketing tool to automate your email marketing campaigns. This will allow you to easily create and send out newsletters, promotional emails, and follow-up emails to potential customers.
- Use a CRM tool like what you can find in the Data Axle Salesgenie platform to track and manage your leads. This will help you stay organized and focus your efforts on the most promising prospects.
- Use social media tools to automate your social media outreach. This will help you quickly connect with potential customers on multiple platforms and build relationships over time.
- Use Google AdWords or another paid advertising platform to reach potential customers who are searching for moving services online. This will allow you to target your ads specifically to people who are already interested in what you have to offer.
- Use a lead capture tool to create landing pages that convert visitors into leads. This will give you a highly effective way to collect contact information from potential customers so that you can follow up with them later.
Ask Us About Turnkey Marketing Solutions
As you can see, generating leads for movers doesn’t have to be difficult. At Data Axle Genie, we want to help your moving company succeed—at every stage of sales and marketing! Connect with us today and learn more about all the services we offer that can help your moving company stay busy this year.